Sunday, October 29, 2006

A light snack.


So I am standing in line at the supermarket today minding my own business when something catches my eye. A fairly heavyset twenty-something young woman in front of me in line was enjoying a beverage while she waited in line with her biker-looking mother. When I first caught a glimpse of the small holly sprig on the bottle, I though to myself, "What could that be? Some mint goodness?" I might have had to go back and grab one for myself if that was the case. But no. This pillar of health was pounding a pint of Egg Nog while she shopped. Anyone who has ever had this stuff knows it is like drinking melted ice cream and is a complete gut bomb. Not something you casually see someone drinking on a 75 degree day. Now to top it all off, halfway through her basket, the clerk grabs an EMPTY package of Hostess Powdered Donettes out of the basket that she had killed in about 20 minutes (I'm estimating since I was in the Express aisle). What a combo. Egg Nog and Powdered Donuts. I was completely speechless. Over 1000 calories while meandering through the supermarket. Gross.