Thursday, April 03, 2008

Yanks Opening Day.



Well, not quite. It was the Yanks second game of the season, but my first at the Stadium. This year is a big year bec. it's the last season at the old Stadium, the All Star Game is being played here, and it's the hunt for the Yanks 27th win. We'll see about that esp after Mussina's poor showing with a 5-2 loss to Toronto. Gay.



It was still dope to make my first pilgrimage of the season to the Bronx. I had hoped to get finished with work a little earlier so I could make it up to Arthur Avenue; the Little Italy up North. Here they have a few select coal oven pizzerias that would help round out my Pizza Tour. I had to settle with "New Stadium Pizza" as it's a traditional meet up spot for the homies. Not bad for a street slice. Good crunch but hella cheezy. But with a Coke and a smile, I ain't complaining.




The pizza joint is just down from the courthouse spot blown up recently with some Habitat Freddy Gall footy.



It was a brisk breezy 40deg during the game which was torture esp with a late game rally with an A.Rod homer straight to a loss. Not a bad day for the first of a season, but come on, give me something more than a fridge season schedule magnet.