Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back in there.


So after last week's little event in Solana Beach, I can't help but say it was'nt a little offputting to get back in the water. Sunday I headed down to 204's around 5 for a quick session and it was so fun I did'nt really think about it. But last night, Anthony and I headed down to Trail 5 and it was a different story.

The waves were much better than Sunday, but neither of us, for one reason or another, even mentioned the attack until after we were out of the water, for reasons obvious. We surfed well past dark and we were the only ones out for the last hour of the session. The evening was definitely a little ominous too, really foggy and a little cold, with water temps in the low 60's. I expected to see the The Orca steaming through the fog towards us at any second on the hunt for the one they call Jaws.

But, alas, nothing. We had some great waves and shook off the stress. Bring on the summer.

*UPDATE-While putting this together, I saw attack on Surfline. Great.