Sunday, April 06, 2008

Day 1: Shook Ones.



Day One had me shook for sure. While most of the heads on the trip were 30+days down, I had only about half a dozen runs under my belt, half of which were in the rain. As much as I thought I was riding to get my snow legs ready, hiking a flat bar to a bump to garbage can doesn't quite prep you for the type of terrain Baldface has to offer.



It isn't just a marketing scheme when they say that Baldface is the ultimate riding destination. We just had a to laugh as we rode fresh lines in knee deep shit run after run. The lines had some tech tree runs but would always end or start with an open bowl that made me realize that I wasn't at "Hunta" anymore. Fucking no crowds, no lifts, no chili bread bowls. Just good times with the homies riding tight shit I only see in the magazines. However, visibility was kinda shit during certain parts of the day. Def got bucked a few times and even tweaked my ankle pretty good. Just kept it easy and riding mellow actually helped keep my ankle legit.






Sadly, E-40 had to step it out with a back jack.



Here's "Cheesecake" Bringing up the rear.



I was happy to get the first day out of the way and just chill. It was hilarious while tuning boards to watch heads battle it out on Guitar Hero.