Monday, April 23, 2007

You Ain't Cuz You Not.



Woke up earls last Weds for an am stretch but I was hyped cuz it was only a 1/2 day and I had a grip of shit to do including a trip out to BKLN. As a former Brooklynite, I hyped to get back in the neighborhood. But as with anything it's not quite the same.

I miss the ghetto hood essence of the old BK. I miss having to wear shitty gear so as not to get jumped and lurking through all the f'd hoods, & partying on rooftops. Now it's full of artists and hipsters who work all week for some bullshit open mic nite on Fridays at the local shithole.

I was planning to visit my homey Norm who was gracious enough to pick up a Sabres New Era cap he picked up on a recent trip up to Buffalo, mess around with his crazy Jack Russell Terrier and grab some food at one of the never ending new snack joints that pop up.