Friday, March 28, 2008

The New York Auto Show.

Every year, the Auto Show comes to New York and ever time I leave proclaiming the same thing: "Why did I even go to that bullshit?" It's pretty much the same preview as if you were in every showroom and what do I care about fucking Fords or Chevys? But yet every year I go back. This year I thought I go with my most asshole-ly car-minded friends so we can clown everybody who happens to walk in front of us. Also we were eager to see the new Skyline, Audi R8, and new BMW 1Series; 300HP twin-turbo. If it came in AWD, I'd have bought one already.

Any visit to the Javits Center warrants a pre-game @Atomic Wings. I went easy and ordered the Atomic Wings Chicken Little lunch special. I know, as a wing lover, it's a bitch to order boneless; but I didn't want my fingers to smell like they were dipped in the "red zone" all day. With a few hours to kill, I didn't want to smell, "Not So Fresh."

Although the show was mostly whatevs, it was a good call to bring some comedians as everybody felt the wrath, from Santa who sat in the G-Wagon with us to the hood-rats who kept blasting T-Pain out of every car they were let into. I unfortunately missed the clutch photo of the day with all 12 of them climbed upon a quad for a group photo taken by a friend on his Sidekick; but I did manage to snap some gems:

Here's Ramon taking a day off from his job as a sous-chef at a ghetto Japanese restaurant taking pics to send back to his family in Guatemala to show them how well he is doing.

"Hey Bindhu, how do Charith and I look in this convertible?"

"Like some med-school rejects who couldn't get a woman even if she was under anesthesia."

"I'm still getting one of these once I graduate Dental School."

"Hey Honey, did you find any cool iPhone cases?"

"Here's a sick one with a pot leaf."

"I was looking for something more with dancing bears."

Note yes they were a couple. He was a douchebag 40yo with dual Bluetooth ear bangers. She was a hair over 18 and is dating him because he has his own apartment and has tons of weed. He's dating her because it's good for business, even if it requires him to wear matching tie dye Zubazz. Heyyy Brotherrrrr.