Saturday, March 08, 2008

The Luther or FatKreme Burger.


I've always had a fascination with sweet/salty snacks from Goobers, PayDay bars, and Chubby Hubby Ben & Jerry's. Salt and Sugar in the same bite? The Bomb. The penultimate moment was when I first stepped into the infamous restaurant on Gower and Sunset. My first taste of Fried Chicken and Waffles was a dream come true and is a def stop when I'm out in LA. I thought I had it all until I found about this.

Although the origins are an urban legend, rumors circulate that on one fateful day, the late great Luther Vandross found that he was without bread while cooking burgers and thought to use glazed donuts as buns. WTF you say? Yeah me too. Not sure about this craze, but I'm sure I'll hit it. Apparently, Luther Burger aficionados (aka real fucking fat-asses) pick up a Fat Burger & two Krispy Kremes and go to work. If you are going to try this yourself, remember to use the textured side of the donut for the top for maximum grip.