Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Weekend at Bernie's.


After some heavy prodding I accompanied Mi Novia to the infamous Fiya Iyland to a get-together organized by her co-workers. As most native NYers will attest, there's a few things you don't do: you don't go to see the Statue of Liberty, you don't go see Phantom of the Opera, and you def don't go to F.I. But, opportunity called and next thing I knew I was riding on the Fairy Ferry with about a dozen girls.


Waiting game at the ferry. Note all the "Terry's" sans roller skates & taco stand.


When in Rome: Jager Bombs. Life of the post-sorority girl.




Apparently, the B-More craze and Wu-Tang dance were originated in gay bars from djs like Bamabounce. I got to witness the madness first-hand. After a few, I started to notice the shirts coming off and the fag hags starting to depart, so I high-tailed it out of there...


...But not without a slice. One of Js co-workers holla'd about this pizza joint. I figured it would prob be my first & last visit here, so I went to see what's up. They had these insane garlic knot slices with the gk's right on the crust. CRAZE. The dough was decent but a little heavy on the cheese and light on the sauce, but the dusting of fresh garlic made up for it. To top it off, they served Ramblin' Root beer on tap.




I admit participating in the FI night life was a throwback to my years as an outsider living in Chelsea, but overall it was an interesting experience to thay the leathst. But nothing all my hours of watching Bravo programming could prep me for. Theriously.


Girls can be gay too. FS 5-0 to backside lipslide.