Sunday, July 06, 2008

Rizzo's Fine Pizza.



After an extended ride through the neighborhood to test out the grip of some new tires on my bike, I found this gem of a pizzeria right in Astoria. I never thought Queens would have signature pizza, but after visiting a few places right near the crib, I kept finding a certain type of thin crust Sicilian slices right next to some fresh Margherita slices at the good joints.

Rizzo's, established in 1959, was f'n super authentic Eye-talian with f.o.b. accent weilding cooks and some hottie guidettes localizing the place. The slice was banging with near perfectly baked crust, tomato-ey sauce, & delicately placed cheese that didn't slide off each bite as per experience with many average pizzerias.

To top it off they have fountain Royal Crown soda, just like at the place I used to frequent after a hard bmx session as a youngin'. Def gonna be a loc spot esp since they are bike friendly & I didn't have to lock my kit outside.