Saturday, June 07, 2008

Barack the Vote.


I remember reading an interview with Chuck D back in the 90's when he was saying that it was totally realistic that he would one day meet and have a serious discussion about the state of affairs in America with a standing president of the United States. His theory was that the future president was in college at that time and probably aware of Public Enemy and what they stand for, and that they would reach out to ask their opinions (at least Chuck's, not Flav's) point of view of what was going on in America. With the events of the past week, I can completely see that happening. And I could'nt be more stoked about it.

Just the idea of having someone in office that identifies with our generation and even the current generation is unbelievable to me, it has never happened in my lifetime.

Who will play at the inauguration? I am putting my money on Stevie Wonder and Willie Nelson, you know, to balance things out.

At any rate, we all knew that it would'nt take long for hip hop to embrace Barack Obama, but I can honestly say that I did'nt expect a Nas track, with Obama samples and all, until at least the end of the summer.

Click here to check it out or download it.