Friday, May 09, 2008

Nakatomi Plaza

Headed up to LA on Thursday for some meetings and as luck would have it my meetings were in a building that was right across the street from Fox Plaza a.k.a. Nakatomi Plaza from Die Hard in Century City.

Have you noticed that this movie gets played around the holidays about as much as Christmas Story but no one seems to notice? I know I never get sick of it. Nothing quite says "Happy Holidays" like a maladjusted cop on a shooting spree, picking off high tech European bank robbers one by one, with a overweight cop keeping him sane on the outside and ultimately saving the day at the end.

OK, maybe a scarf could get that same sentiment across, but without the hockey puck grenades and bloody feet.

To kill some time and let traffic die down after the meeting, I headed down to Barney's where I found a pair of Air Structure Triax 91's, in my size, for $115. Finding this shoe has been like finding the lost ark of the covenant.

Dan Mac-1 Sneaker Camp Out Psychos- 0

*Brock, that shot of Ted Blevins is for you.