Thursday, May 29, 2008

Fast Food Nation



Just got back from a long stretch in the Southwest. I love warm weather, but I swear after so many days under the desert sun, my kit is fried. I swear, I felt like that, "Hey Brotherrr" character we all love to clown. Although I did laps in the pool every morning and skated a couple parks out there; there's something about the constant radiation that just melts your brain.

Think it might be from the fact that I'm so used to walking everywhere. Driving from spot to spot in an ac'd car just kinda got to me. However, I did take advantage of all that west coast driving living has to offer, mainly it's delicious fast food not normally available on the yeast coast.



I swear I can't get enough from this place. Not to mention I had a gift card burning a hole in my wallet. By the end of my trip I had my meal pretty much dialed. All drive thru no less. Double from In and Out, Waffle Fries from Chik-Fil-A, Grape Sprite from SONIC, and a Horchata Smoothie from QT. I so wish we had a QuikTrip somewhere in the neighborhood.

But nothing beats apres pool session than some real Mexican food. As much as I hated being mistaken for La Raza every fucking time; you can't beat Mexican food made by Mexicans for Mexicans. Yeah, Hola whatever, bring me some of those fucking sopapillas. Thanks, Manuel.