Sunday, May 11, 2008

Can't Hardly Wait.


My first movie memory was going to see Empire Strikes Back in Chicago while visiting family. My Mom & Aunt took us to a matinee and promptly assed out. My cuz and I were laughing so hard at my Mom's insanely loud snoring- straight lawnmower. Good thing the theater was empty at the 11am showing that day. So to anyone who's had to suffer through a night of sharing a hotel room with me; I get my hyena laugh and chainsaw snore from my Moms.


My second was Stripes. Both my Dad and his good friend from the neighborhood were both in the military & took us to the age-inappropriate Bill Murray/ John Candy classic. I remember coming home to a very pissed off Mom who grabbed my large fountain Coke and threw it at our garage door. Don't worry Ma, I grew up to be an ass man, not some double-d strip club junkie.


Raiders was the shit though. My first Opening Night experience. I remember being so hyped, complete with the bucket of popcorn an XL Cherry ICEE. We got commemorative Ts and everything. I remember rocking that T all summer, bmx-ing my ass off. The T got so f'd that one day my Mom grabbed the T off the clothesline and ripped in half to use as washcloths saying, "You ain't wearing this anymore. You look like crap". Hella Bummed. Now I can't wear a shirt after 2-3 washings. Thanks, Mom and Happy Mother's Day.