Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Not VT

Massive travel fuckover. Stuck in Chicago. Really stuck. Drowning my sorrows in hot dogs.

A breakdown of the days events:

910am PDT- Depart Orange County

1150am MDT- Arrive Denver

200pm MDT- Depart Denver after a half hour delay. Mellow right.

315pm CDT- Flight to Chicago gets diverted to Indianapolis. Wait in the plane parked on the outer reaches of the tarmac for 4 hours. No food. No fresh air. I was in business class though so that helped, but not much.

945pm CDT- Depart for Chicago from Indianapolis.

1040pm CDT- Arrive into the clusterfuck that is O'Hare after a day of cancellations. Entire families sleeping on their luggage, 200 yard long lines for the Customer Service Desk. (by the way, you are fucking retarded to wait in that line, call the 800 number you dumb fucks, I called and got through 3 times before I even left the airport, that's what's up.)

1150pm CDT- Got off the Blue Line in Chicago in Wicker Park to eat. Hipsters galore. Grabbed two Chicago Dogs and watched the irony that is modern hipster fashion. (Enjoy it now, before you know it you are driving a luxury German SUV and living in a community with an exotic Spanish name and looking forward to brunch on the weekends you bitches.) Don't even try to avoid it, it's going to happen. I had a few laughs and got a cab to the hotel.

1227pm CDT- Arrived at the Sofitel Water Tower Hotel in Downtown Chicago. It's swankiness was reinforced by the Air France crew getting ready to shove off from the lobby when I arrived. I was'nt even trying to be involved in the mess at the airport hotels, definitely some refugee action going on over there. For $50 more and 20 minutes on the El, you can stay someplace that does'nt have cellophane wrapped danishes with dew on the inside of the wrapper and OJ with a tear off lid as their "Continental Breakfast" offering. What the hell continent is that from? Last time I checked Kentucky was'nt a continent.

Oh yeah, did I mention I have no idea where my bags are? I feel like I am camping, no toothbrush or anything. Schools out!

Trying to get on a 750am flight to Burlington for the meetings, if that does'nt happen, I am heading back to Orange County and chalking it up to experience. Although it is one I have had before and I'm sure I'll have again.