Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Back from BaldCraze



Just got back from BaldFace. Def the craziest trip in the longest. Heading out there is such a mission. Fly to Spokane Washington with a stop in Minneapolis, stay the night, meet up with the crew, bus 4 hours across the border to Nelson, British Columbia, stay anohter night, then helicopter up to the compound. About 3 days of traveling each way just to get to that shit.



Normally, I get travel anxiety for any trip; but for this I was straight Panic Room. Any part of the mission could fuck up and I could get caught up on some bullshit. Well, I did, but worst on the way back; more on that later.

Once I stepped in the car service and noticed the driver was wearing Rawlings baseball gloves, I knew I was fucked. He was blasting some Mexican rap and drove like a complete maniac. I almost barfed all over the place, but he did get me to JFK in record time in the middle of gridlock traffic. Thanks Eduardo.

Of course, NorthWest had no record of our flight booking through Orbitz. But Norm worked his magic and got us on the flight somehow. We stopped in Minneapolis for a quick layover and was completely entertained for that one hour. They have vending of all kinds straight from Japan. Need a new Ipod? A new Motorola Q? No problem. I was amazed how much of it was sold. I even bought a quick charger. But that airport was a complete nightmare on the way home. 9 hours is waaay too long to be waiting in an airport.



We did finally make it to Spokane home of the Satellite Diner and probably the best cup of coffee I have drank in a long long time. I even bought a fucking mug like a fag tourist. The Satellite Diner is the only Diner I know of with a bouncer that lets you in the door. Retarded.

More pics later...