Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Burger Man 2- Me 0.



Hit up Flip Burger which is oddly placed in the Mens Dept @Bloomingdales. Ironically, it's only my 2nd time there bec. I'm not exactly a Dept.Store fan considering the gaping whole in my wallet from my excessive consumerism. But this place was actually a find from my sister. We have been trying to keep a bi-monthly burger lunch with Burger Joint, Five guys, and Pop Burger as previous lunch visits.



The restaurant seemed like a good place. Hey, it's in f'n Bloomies, a NY staple. Plus the menu offers a Create a Burger* with six buns, nine patties, 12 sauces, eight cheeses, and four other toppings. Way more complicated than I like but with In & Out style claims, I was wondering what was actually "copied". I went for the caramelized onion & sage brioche bun, "sweet" meat made from brisket, Jack cheese, and Canadian Bacon, medium rare; but after having to repeat myself a few times to the waitress we were sure she was going to fuck our order up.



Just write it down, ho. Is it not cool to pen down an order, like skating with pads? I dunno. I remember from working in a deli during high school and finding out that only noobs use the protector on the meat slicer. Real deli heads don't use that shit even though Frankie who had worked there a few years did lose half a thumb after a long night with Coors Light.




So our food comes. The shoestring fries were cooked to perfection. It's nice that they offer all sizes: shoestring, regular, and steak. I prefer the thinnest you dare to cut and double dipped. However, her burger came out super rare and mine came medium well, just the opposite of our order plus without Canadian bacon. I hate sending food back after hearing the horror stories of spitting and floor taps, but she insisted. The burger was okay, not enough seasoning in the meat, but kinda makes up for it with a decent bun and a good condiment selection. But for two burgers, a single order of fries, no drinks and no shakes, our meal came out to $50, yes FIFTY BUCKS. I could eat at In & Out for a couple weeks with that kind of money. Definitely not worth the trip and not worth $50. Do not go. So yes, my 5 Napkin Burger rebate was a fail. Burger Man 2, Me 0.