Thursday, February 28, 2008

Destination: Michigan


After another trip through Chicago that made me want to french kiss the business end of a twelve gauge, I arrived in beautiful Traverse City for the quick trip up to Boyne Mountain for the MWWSRA demo. To sum it up, it was cold. Never got above 20. Now, I have'nt lost my tolerance to the low mercury since moving from Vermont, but that does'nt mean I enjoy frozen boogers and numb ass.

Crowe kept things tolerable by manning the grill, as Brats and Beers are a key element of any Michigan outdoor sport. Lots of thanks go to the Ride rep one tent over, who brought his Wisconsin recipe complete with boiler setup for Brats boiled in Beer and Mustard. Damn.

Boyne has a lot of history to it, including having the first quad chair in the country, and still has a good, small feeling to it. Not to mention a great logo.

There is also a really nice hotel that they just built that has a huge waterpark in it complete with a Flowrider standing wave. I've always wanted to try it, but with a good cat trip less than a week away, I chose to keep my ass above my feet and my bones intact. I just envisioned a really bad scorpion to trunk removal via 2000 tons of water to water enema. I don't know about you, but I try to keep the water around my balls at a relatively low PSI rating whenever I can. Just a personal rule.