Sunday, February 03, 2008

Is this place for real?

So in last week's sojourn throughout Jersey, we stumbled upon the most insane Italian restaurant I have ever been to. Tucked away on Route 94 in the backwoods heading from Mountain Creek to the Poconos, Cesco's is the real deal.

After skipping breakfast, we passed this place doing about 60 and locked up the brakes to double back and hit up some slices. It was a pleasant surprise to hear that the place is 100% family owned, and they speak Italian behind the counter.

Later that day, after touring the Poconos accounts, we were looking for something that was going to be legit for dinner, so we hit up Round Two. With only about 4 tables, we posted up at the bar and ordered some menu items. I got the Linguini San Gennaro and it was unreal. Sausage and Peppers, and fresh made pasta. Hopefully I get back here soon, but something tells me I won't be in this Jersey backwater for some time. If you ever find yourself at Mountain Creek, take that extra 30 minute adventure to find this spot, and if you do, FedEx me some slices.

The main ingredient. It makes all the difference.