Friday, February 24, 2012

5BORO.

Congrats to Conan and Nardonkey on a great video. So sick to see a full clip of raw street skating. Glad to see they are keeping up the tradition of NYC skating, Iron Ass and Tooks are still repping, and they are inspiring a new generation of flow trash. I remember the days of meeting up at the Birdshit Banks, skating all the way to Midtown then all the way back down to the West Village near Rod's crib and learning how to order off-menu Rice Bowls at Dojo. I still get the same order wherever I go. Oh, the good old days.

Loading the player ...


The closing 8mm credit section is so amazing. Makes me miss NYC in the worst way. Living there was such a struggle, but it always felt that everyone was kind of on the same level. You walk onto the Subway, and everyone on understands that it takes the same amount of compromise to live in such a great city. There's a certain amount of community respect there. Everyone works pretty hard to maintain their standard of living at every level; so everyone appreciates a nice day. I admit, I lived a pretty rough life there, but it's where I have roots. After 15 years of being a resident I could get a good meal in any neighborhood in any borough, I could drive from Coney Island to Yankee Stadium without looking at a map, and I could take a nap on the train and always wake up right when I had to get off. From my family, friends, to the NYC life I miss every bit of it, the good and the bad. LA is great, every day feels like a vacation, but NYC will always be my home. Thanks Steve.



"Soulful, heartfelt, honest. “New York City, I don’t know why I love you. Could be you remind me of myself … I’ve always felt inside like New York City.” Not only that, this song celebrates “the sounds of city … music from every nation help make the island one. Home to both tramp and artist and dreamers everywhere and most of all kind hearted people whose stories ain’t on the air.” That’s NYC, baby."