Wednesday, May 12, 2010

High Life.



I have a love/ hate for these fat kids squeezing into extra medium gear sporting the newest Jordan Hybrids or Nikes that pop up on the internet. I can't stand the "Hey, look at me expression on their faces" but I know they help support an industry that most of my friends work for and 98% are probably Flips.



But being the old man that I am, I grew up on Nikes, skating in Jordan 1s in the 80s with my Jimmy'Z pants and Hobie t-shirts my Mom bought for me from Marshalls. Rocking Nikes brings me back to my Golden Years as a youngster but I can't help feeling like a nerd trooping around town getting compliments from eleventeen yr old girls on the subway.



But when Nike SB planned to come out with a kit to rep my favorite beer, I had to jump on it. Big thanks to the guys @MIA SKATESHOP for the hook-up.



"A. C. Paul, of Miller’s marketing division, got lost in the woods during an outing and had a “vision” of a “girl in the Moon” pointing the way back to civilization. Paul eventually found his way out of the woods (perhaps after sobering up a bit) and in 1907 the Miller girl found herself with a one-way ticket to the Moon."