Tuesday, February 20, 2007

On a Mission.


Headed up to the great state of Washington last week for yet another on snow demo at Mission Ridge. Landed around 7pm on Monday, grabbed a rental and headed on out for the 2.5 hour trip.

I stopped at Snoqualmie Pass to see if I could squeeze in some runs but I missed it by about 20 minutes, maybe next time. About 2 hours later I was in beautiful downtown Wenatchee (aka Wet-Snatch-ee) elbow deep in reps at the hotel bar. Back in my element. The next morning I headed up the access road and what seemed to be a dreary ass NW day turned into a sunny, fun one. Mission Ridge is a great mountain. Small, good terrain and easy to get around. Lots of sick terrain. The snow conditions were'nt ideal, but for demo'ing product it was perfect. Lots of groomers and Warburton and I found a huge roller under the lift that was on the larger side of anything that I have ever hit. At least 4 window roll downs before touchdown on one hit. Sizeable.



Tuesday night was a great Italian dinner in town that gave Green the shits. Wednesday we rode some more with the crew from Snowboard Connection and Mike and I found some pow stashes in the woods off the top. Stowe days revisited. One of the best things about Mission Ridge is that it sits right in apple country, and there are fresh sliced apples at the top of most of the lifts. Nice touch. The demo started to wind up around 3pm and I hit the road back to Seattle in blizzard conditions. Nothing I have'nt done before. Planes were caught, bags were claimed, and another demo was settled.