Monday, April 18, 2011

The Stadium.



When I normally wait to be blessed with some freebie early season tickets from friends or clients, my wife suprised me with some amazing seats for our Anniversary. I knew I married the right woman. Early season can be rough. Temps hover around the 30s-40s and you basically are braving the elements for 3-4 hours. So you throw on your snow outerwear which hopefully has not been packed away for the winter and hop on the 4 uptown. Today was no joke with 30 degree weather, 20mph gusts, and a %70 chance of rain. But we had some sick seats and the game wasn't called off. Game on.



As an aspiring fat kid, one of the best parts of coming to the Stadium is the food. The new Stadium has everything you could ever want. Where I used to bring whole pizza pies into the old location, now there's more than I could every ask for from Orange Chicken to Turkey Legs to Lobel's $20 Steak Sandwich. I kept it classic and went to Nathan's for the Big Boy Value Meal.



It was a great game against Texas with the rain pretty brutal at parts. But after spending a couple bills on our seats, my wife wasn't budging. Our perseverance paid off with a 5-2 win and the Yankees gave those who weathered out the storm, free tickets to another game of our choice.




We stayed to the bitter end to hear Frank Sinatra. Shit, we had Frank close out our Wedding. We weren't about to leave early just to get seats on the train. Thanks Yanks for a great day.