Friday, April 08, 2011

Funky Fridays #133.



Caught a sneak preview of the new Real video. Super sick. Raw street skating, def makes you want to run out and roll around. Like watching Real to Reel but in HD. Rolling intros are the same. Good feel to the video. Prob the best video since Flared. I guess Stay Gold was a good video, but still haven't seen it. I'm not too into the "I used to be a drunk but now I ride motorcycles and although I have a clothing sponsor, I'd rather buy clothes from the young women's dept at Goodwill with pants with the crotch ripped through and maternity collars on extra medium t-shirts." Not so much.

James Hardy opener- Super burl. Def earned his pro model. Congrats.

Jake Donnelly- Buffalo's finest. One of my favorite parts. Skates to the above track. Proper trick selection. Backside everything.

Davis Torg- White Malto. Gordon lightfoot.

New am section was sick esp Robbie Brockel. All terrain.

Some middle parts were a blur (Nick D, Ernie, Chima) but super good, just too Zero style to keep my attention. Like if you threw a bottle out of a two story window and it rolled away. Kept expecting them too just explode upon impact from the huge gaps.

HUF- Sick part. Still got it. Still skates huge. Lengthy part was a nice suprise. Still reppin' for the gray haired crew.



Justin Brock- Best part of the vid. Two song kit. Crazy no set-up combo lines.

Ishod Wair- Part perfectly edited to James Brown track. Skates way longer after the song ends.

Peter Ramondetta- Sick metal track. Super gnarly shit.

Busenitz- Prob the most anticipated part of the video, but to be honest, it was kind of a let down. With his crazy trick bag, it was beat to not see as many lines as he's capable of. I appreciate that his part was mostly SF footage, but I was hoping for Diagonal Part 2. Prob would have been best to ship him someplace and film him for a week. Maybe it was the hipster lite fm track that threw me off, but I kept watching this b roll footage part waiting for the real part to drop, then the credits rolled up. Bummer.



"(laughs) I don’t know how this whole “going fast” thing has become my “shtick” or whatever you call it. I don’t really think that I go that fast. It’s just turned into this weird thing that I’m known for so everyone just keeps going with it. I just think that going a little faster makes boring tricks more fun. You don’t have to learn something difficult to have fun, you can just go faster and spice it up a little bit."



Overall, video was sick. Def worth the purchase. Made this old man want to run out and skate- push super fast and jump over stuff. Same feeling when Stereo's A Visual Sound came out. Good shit.