Thursday, January 28, 2010

IPalmPilot.




After months of speculation, Apple CEO, Steve Jobs held one of his State of the Union addresses in San Francisco this morning to showcase the new iPad.

Everyone looks to the past for inspiration and apparently that includes Apple. I'm loving the chunkier design elements of the iPad. Apple also seems to have reintroduced the use of a stylus which I couldn't be happier with. The black and white screen is an upgrade over the color displays they were using on the iPhone. I've always had trouble seeing mine in the daytime. With Apps like EnRoute, NetHopper, Pocket Quicken, Notes, Names, and Dates, I'll have plenty to keep myself busy with on long flights. One of the best things about the iPad is that it uses 4 AAA batteries. I can't tell you how many times my iPod, iPhone, or MacBook Pro have run out of power and I don't have an outlet to charge them at. The iPad also comes packed with 4MB ROM and 1MB RAM. I'll definitely be heading over to the Apple store in early March to try the iPad out.