Thursday, July 09, 2009

The End of (DK)NY.



It's the beginning of the end. When before I complained about the gentrification of all my favorite neighborhoods with Duane Reade's replacing Bodegas & GAPs replacing the classic neighborhood New Era/ Tall T spot; here comes the tidal wave of every West Coast brand popping up every other block. Where has the integrity of the NYC neighborhood gone? I guess back on some guy's desktop in his office off Research Drive after he's found the perfect "spot" for their new pop-up launch.



It's not enough that the drugs and hookers had to make way for MTV and Billabong, now there's an Applebees on 125th Street. A Fucking Applebees!



If I have to suffer through the Californication of New York, I might as well just move to California. At least I get to enjoy all the benefits: 70degree year round weather, In And Out Burger, Spitting distance to the beach. The U-Haul fund starts today. If anyone needs another Mexican-Looking guy to stuff boxes & print out invoices, you know where to find me- melting in the humidity on the R Train platform waiting for the 5:25am train to show up with a baloney & cheese sandwich sweating in my back pocket with the most recent Mad Decent Soldier Boy Remix blasting through my 7dollar Chinatown headphones attached to my hand me down iPhone.