Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Charles Southern Kitchen.




Finally made it up to Charles' Southern Kitchen, voted Best Fried Chicken in NYC. I was hyped to get a taste of Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles in my own backyard. Shit was a mission though. ALLLL the way Uptown within walking distance to Yankee Stadium.



Dropped by at a good time, just before the lunch rush. Reviews mentioned the crazy lines and waiting games, but there was only one other person there ordering take-out. Unfortunately the infamous buffet wasn't running so I didn't get my waffle fix, but they DID have a grip of fresh fried chicken.



Straight Succulent and lightly pan fried so you don't make too much of a mess and don't get the "Rumble in the Bronx" mid meal. The Mac & Cheese was kill, just like Cracker Barrel, but if Grammy made it. They offer fresh made Lemonade & Sweet Tea but I only found out after I ordered a Coke. Next time.




It was mos def worth the hike into Harlem. It's in a part of the neighborhood that wasn't too bad. While standing outside checking my messages, someone asked if they could buy weed from ME. I swear I need a stylist or something.