Friday, October 28, 2011

The Mayor.

Big ups to DJ Mike Rizzy for this mix. Mayor Hawthorne is a great throwback to timeless Motown oldies. As if Brenton Wood was alive today. Good Shit.



"Mayer Hawthorne just makes great soul music. The crazy thing is that he's really a hardcore Hip Hop fan and DJ. It's no surprise that he got his start getting signed by Peanut Butter Wolf to the independent label Stones Throw. What I enjoy about his music is that people from all walks of life can relate to his music young and old. As a crate digger I can easily identify with his style because this is the type of music I dig for to listen to and sample. As I write this Mayer is slated to appear on Letterman tomorrow so I think he's well on his way to becoming a household name soon so get in the know.

Dreaming
Thin Moon
Shiny And New -
Don't Turn The Lights On
I Wish It Would Rain
Get To Know You
A Long Time
No Strings
No Strings (DJ Jazzy Jeff Remix)
Gangsta Luv (Mayer Hawthorne Remix) Snoop Dogg feat. Mayer Hawthorne
Maybe So Maybe No
Your Lovin Ain't Pleasin Nothin
Make Her Mine
Work To Do
Just Ain't Gonna Work Out
I Still Love You - Nottz feat. Mayer Hawthorne
When The Night Falls
The Walk
Henny & Gingerale
Finally Falling
You Called Me
Can't Stop - feat. Snoop Dogg
You're Not Ready
I Need You
I Left My Heart In San Francisco

DOWNLOAD.