Friday, January 14, 2011

Astoria Park Status.



Hit up lovely Astoria Park to try and get a snow session in. Normally home to my summer 6am bsts battles; I walked the park today to see what I could find. I remembered a nice 10+ stair with a small kink from a walk a few weeks ago but sadly the snow was kinda thin and the park rangers were kinda hating on me standing there with my board & a shovel esp after they had nicely cleared and salted the walk. Gotta hit it next big storm.



There's also a shoulder height hubba with a 8 stair to get speed with but shit was craze. Def need a big dump to take a slam and not cry about it. Sorry no pic. There were some high school kids trying to get busy and I didn't want to blow up their spot.



Walked around the front to find this fun flat bar or fence really as it was a long seried of welded u-rings. It was near where the local kids go sledding with the abundance of cardboard boxes and McDonald trays the the bottom of the hill. The spot was super fun as the rail was super long and you could hit it twice. Clack Clack Clack.



But of course, Tom Brokeoff came through with a newscast reporting that my buttcheek would explode after a double run of a 5-0 to lipslide loopout to bun blast.



Super fun afternoon. I didn't try to press my last run luck so hit up a sweet powder run through the trees. Ha.



Hyped my Forum Street Dweller is still kicking. Set-up with some vintage Jeenyus youth bindings. All I need are my ACG chill boots and I'm good. Gotta upgrade to the StepChild Street Recession though. Sweet deck with no rails and a legit base and wood core. Fast and snappy. My current set-up is really just a step above a Toys R Us Black Snow kit, but hella hella fun nonetheless.



edit: Gotta make it to Creek one of these days. Looks like they are doin' big things over there. Make sure to mute clip unless you need a nap.