Thursday, November 06, 2008

Freestylin' Book.



Kinda missed the boat, but I guess the creators released a hard copy retrospective of Freestlyin' magazine around the time of the Olympics. Looking at some of the pics brought back tons of memories. I remember clocking tons of hours riding flatland and doing kickturns on flat ramps. I used to dream of riding like Eddie Fiola and Martin Aparijo straight out of the RAD intro.




Used to ride every day until the fateful day when I crashed into a friend bombing hills. Got tore up pretty bad and fractured my wrist. Needless to say, my parents weren't too hyped to see me at the doorstep at midnight all bloodied up. The next day my GT Pro Performer disappeared. However, my Mom felt bad and bought me a Hosoi Hammerhead complete a few weeks later. "How hurt could he get on a skateboard?", she figured and the rest is history. But to anyone in the possession of one of the 2500 copies in circulation, I'll gladly pay a handsome price for that bounty.